Dr MacKean is a specialist radiation oncologist with sub-specialty expertise in prostate brachytherapy.
Dr James MacKean is based in Brisbane and has special interests in:
- All aspects of the management of prostate cancer
- Prostate brachytherapy,
- Radiotherapy technology,
- Image-guided and intensity modulated radiotherapy - RapidArc.
- Urological, colorectal, haematological cancer,
- Palliative care
Dr MacKean is actively involved in both HDR and LDR prostate brachytherapy programs at The Wesley Hospital.
- MBBS University of Tasmania - 1988
- Speciality training in radiation oncology - 1999
- Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (FRANZCR) - 2000
- Australian and New Zealand faculty of radiation oncology genito-urinary group
- Australasian brachytherapy group
- James commenced employment at the Wesley in 2000
- Registrar training in New South Wales